The Gaudreau Group is always looking for the next all-star member of our team.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaudreau Fountain Insurance Agency, Warren, MA
Job Title: Personal Lines Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Agency Principal (Gerry Fountain)
Posted Date: 12/15/16
Hours: Flexible, 25-35 hours per week
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits Eligible: No
Job Summary: The CSR performs the essential functions of the position, which include supporting the service needs of clients. Specific service responsibilities are assigned. Meets sales, service, and quality standards adopted by the agency. Previous experience in Personal Lines Insurance is required. Must possess an active MA producer license in good standing.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Pre-qualifies and analyzes prospects’ coverage needs. Recommends coverages and prepares rating quotes and proposals to sell new accounts.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contract.
- Recommends excess and surplus coverages, as needed to meet client insurance needs. Educates clients as to coverage limitation and documents on the system.
- Completes applications for insurance and has insured sign them. Submits to eligible and appropriate carries, and follows up to ensure timely receipt of policies or quotations.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect data base and system.
- At each service contract, reviews current client coverages and recommends changes in coverage and in markets, as needed to ensure high quality coverage.
- Processes renewals and remarkets, as needed.
- Assists clients with making coverage changes and completes all service requests for clients.
- Informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage and insurance coverage needs. Explains coverages and exclusions to clients. Uses every service contract as opportunity to review and market appropriate coverage.
- Handles direct-billed “walk-in” payments. Verifies coverage status processes, as appropriate. Provides receipt.
- Generates documents and produces correspondence to satisfy client service requests or to provide automated information, as needed by client.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals, using computerized system.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims. Obtains adjustors or visits from agency staff, facilitates prompt response from company staff and follow up on claims status to keep insureds informed and to work toward settlement of claims.
- Maintains orderly electronic files and information, following agency standards.
- Verifies accuracy and coverage adequacy of policies. Requests changes to correct errors and follows up.
- Surveys insureds’ loss exposures and recommends coverage at every service opportunity.
- Processes incoming mail requests and responds promptly and appropriately.
- Works with manager to schedule and plan visits to clients.
- Verifies accuracy of all direct bill cancellation notices, and take appropriate action.
- Implements agency credit and collection policy in regard to agency-billed personal lines clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years insurance experience.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Must have and maintain MA producer insurance license.
- Full knowledge of personal insurance products and usages.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and underwrite assigned client and prospect lists.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, and to accurately perform simple calculations involving decimals and fractions.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality.
- Majority of the time will be sedentary work
- Significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
Principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties and other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support principal duties. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision as needs arise.
Please send resumes and references to:
The Gaudreau Group
The Gaudreau Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Gaudreau Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Gaudreau Group, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Gaudreau Group, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.