Home Insurance

You personalize your home…why shouldn’t you personalize your home insurance?  Whether you own or rent; live in a house, condo, or apartment, the personal insurance professionals at The Gaudreau Group can tailor the right coverage for your unique needs.

Why you need Homeowners Insurance

If you have a mortgage, your bank requires the coverage.  Don’t settle for the lender-placed coverage…it usually only protects the lender – not you.  A customized Homeowners policy from The Gaudreau Group will cover physical loss to your home, your contents (possessions), and provide coverage for additional living expenses, as well as cover you for liability losses.  We can further customize your personal insurance package with coverages such as:

  • Valuable Items coverage (i.e. Jewelry Insurance)
  • Flood policies   — this links to flood page
  • Earthquake coverage
  • Umbrella policies (additional liability coverage)   —this links to umbrella page


Live in a condo?

No problem…we have dozens of solutions to protect condo owners as well.

Condo owners have different insurance needs than the typical homeowner. Not only do you own your individual condo, you also share ownership in the common areas and overall structure of your building. Although your association dues help pay for upkeep of and insurance for the common areas, they do not typically cover your personal property within your own unit, or your liability if someone is injured on your property.

Condominium insurance provides protection where condo associations do not. Condo and town house coverage protects your possessions within your unit, including furniture, appliances, and your personal items. If you plan on upgrading your unit, any improvements you make can also be covered under your customized policy, including wall units, renovations, and wallpaper.


Renters need insurance, too!

Even if your landlord or property manager has insurance for the building, your assets are probably not covered.  Landlord’s policies cover the structure, but your belongings remain your responsibility. Many landlords actually require their tenants to carry renters insurance.

Renters insurance generally covers:

  • Personal Property – like your furniture, electronics, and clothing.
  • Personal Liability – in the event that someone is injured.

Replacing valuables is made much easier with the help of renters insurance.  Additionally, if you are forced out of your rented home due to a disaster, additional living expenses you may incur- like hotel bills, temporary rentals, and restaurant meals – can be covered by renters insurance.

Renters insurance also provides liability coverage if a guest is injured at your home. In the event of a lawsuit, a renter’s policy can also cover your legal defense fees if you end up in court.


Secondary, Seasonal, and Vacant Properties

The Gaudreau Group has access to the best insurance markets for these often hard-to-insure properties.  Don’t put your investment at risk…call us today.

Set up a meeting to talk about your insurance needs.

Gaudreau © 2017.   All Rights Reserved.   License #1780333

Privacy Policy